So last Wednesday we had an idea come to life. We wanted to find a way to get a few of the FIT Radio DJs together in our office to hang out, play music, and work together to create awesome mixes for our users. It’s a little something we’re calling FIT Radio MixLab. We had some turn tables set up
so the DJs could switch off and do a live collaboration mix which was awesome because it’s definitely interesting to see what they come up with on the spot and watch the genres blend together. While all of this is going on, they were recording a separate mix on their own! Talk about killing two birds with one stone. Mami Chula was at the helm of the get together making sure everyone was having a great time yet staying on track (apparently, DJs tend to have short attention spans.) There may or may not have been a little liquid courage to get the gears moving (I’ll never tell!)
oops, or maybe I will…
Well that’s it for now! Check back next week for a new batch of DJs and a new batch of mixes! Until then, here are the mixes from the first ever FIT Radio MixLab! Enjoy!
Live FIT Radio DJ Collab’
DJ Danny M’s Mix – Move Your Feet
DJ Spy’s Mix – Bass Cannon
DJ Rapko’s Mix – Strangers
DJ Johnny D’s Mix – I Can’t Wait
Yes you read that right, to all of you who thought BlackBerry was a thing of the past, shame on you for falling for their incredible hustling ways. In the words of LL Cool J, “Don’t call it a comeback, I been here for years.” FIT Radio has released a new build for the BlackBerry and it’s pretty freakin’ awesome. If you haven’t checked out the latest touch screen from the BBM masters, your fingers are missing out. The design for the app is somewhat similar to the Android, but the user interface is obviously congruent with how the BlackBerry is designed. This isn’t your dad’s phone anymore, spread the word: FIT Radio is on BlackBerry and we’ve got thousands of reasons (aka bomb a$$ mixes) why you should get back to your ol’ CrackBerry ways, but this time get addicted to fitness and music rather than breaking that silly roller ball playing Brick Breaker.
Ever wanted to be a part of something like the hit show Wipeout on ABC? This 5k is perfect for just that! The Hit and Run 5k is filled with specially designed inflated obstacle courses that will definitely challenge you but also have you laughing so hard you might just pee your Lululemons (we won’t tell.)
Check out the video to see what kind of craziness awaits!
How good are you at climbing, dodging, ducking, jumping, balancing, etc.? Sign up to find out! hitandrun5k.com Also! be sure to like their Facebook page so you can check out the pics from previous races and get updates!
We LOVE our DJs at FIT and we give them a awesome platform to be heard. I have my Sound Cloud and website (djmamichula.com) plug don’t tell on me LOL and I still cant get as many listens on the both of them, like I can on FITRadio. (FACT) More DJ news coming!
Hello, I am Sheila Jackson, I am an
avid user of FIT Radio, it is my go to for everything music related.
My story of how I fell in love with this amazing app started almost 3
years ago when I was 51lbs overweight and had reached my breaking
I started an awesome journey to the best health and physical
shape I have ever been in my life. I had already had my perfect
nutritional program to get me to my goals, a killer sense of Fitness
style to help me feel confident in my workouts, and when I discovered
FIT radio I now had the soundtrack to my journey to release the weight
and become healthy. I have overcome lots of tough workouts because of
the awesome mixes that were available. It helped me push harder to try
to keep pace to many of the uptempo beats. I especially love running
Sprint Intervals to Top 40’s it is the perfect marriage of BPM to when
I switch speeds on the treadmill! On days that are tough for me to
mentally get in the game I automatically go to FIT radio and it
immediately gets me moving! When I feel tired or stopping ,it is so
crazy how a really good song comes on and I don’t want to end my
workout until the song is over. I end up going the extra mile every
Because of this amazing app I was able to meet and exceed my goals
beyond what I could ever imagine. I am now a Group Fitness Instructor
and Personal Trainer who now plays FIT radio for my classes! I clean
to this music, go on road trips, meditate, stretch, lift etc. You just
feel cool when you listen to it and you automatically feel like you
are at a party every time!!!
I purchased the premium because I think I literally heard every mix that the free version offered. 🙂 Thanks so much for being an inspiration to many beast mode workouts or making my day a little brighter everyday!!!
You can follow Sheila’s transformation on Instagram: @MoxiefitBody
So we’ve tried tweeting the latest mixes to keep you all informed but the list has just gotten too long to squeeze into 140 characters. To make it easy for ya we thought it’d be best to just put them all in one place at one time. So here is the list of some recently added mixes including the first three tracks, check ’em out and if you like one make sure to add it to your favorites!
1. “Border Blast Off July” – Prievo (clean*) in the Party genre
- David Guetta – Ain’t A Party
- Rihanna – Right Now
- Timeflies – I Choose You
2. “Lotus” – Maagician (clean*) in the Trance genre
- BT – Skylarking
- Dinka – Lotus
- Gabriel & Dresden – Tracking Treasure Down
3. “Free Falling” – Office Ravers (explicit*) in the Electro House genre
- Krewella – Live For the Night
- R3hab & Bassjackers – Raise Those Hands
- Darth & Vader – Power Trip
4. “Thunder in Paradise Pt. 1 & 2” – Fuseamania (clean*) in the Poolside genre
- Peter Bjorn and John Folks – Young Folks
- The Cars – Just What I Needed
- Kansas – Carry On Wayward Son
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- Train – Hey Soul Sister
- Silver Convention – Fly Robin Fly
5. “Stereo Mixshow” – Miss M (clean*) in the Party genre
- Avicii – Wake Me Up
- Ciara – Body Party
- Bingo Players – Rattle
6. “So Fresh So Clean 2” – Euphoria (clean*) in the Party genre
- David Guetta & Glowinthedark – Ain’t A Party
- Martin Garrix – Animals
- Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love
7. “Breakfast at Noon” – S.K.A.M. Justin Credible (explicit*) in the Party genre
- Avicii & Nicky Romero – I Could Be The One
- The Wanted – Chasing The Sun
- Zedd – Spectrum
8. “Young Blood” – FIT Radio DJ Affiliates (clean*) in the Poolside genre
- The Naked And Famous – Young Blood
- M83 – Midnight City
- Neon Indian – Polish Girl
9. “Tom Ford” – DJcity Asari (explicit*) in the Hip Hop genre
- Major Lazer – Bubble Butt
- Ying Yang Twins – Miley Cyrus
- Sean Kingston – Beat It
10. “House Connection 3” – S.K.A.M. Bad Boy Bill (explicit*) in the Electronic Dance Music
- Armin van Buuren & W&W – D Fat
- Bassjackers & Kenneth G – Duckface
- DJ Bam Bam & Alex Peace – So Amazing
Hey everyone, if you haven’t already noticed, there is an amazing new station on FIT Radio dedicated to our new friendship/partnership with the world renowned DJ community music provider DJcity!
1. the industry provider of music to the professional DJ community.
2. the source for the latest radio / club hits, mashups, remixes, party breaks, and DJ tools
DJcity was established in the Spring of 2000 by two Los Angeles DJs with the purpose of giving DJs what is most important to them: THE VINYL.
During the summer of 2006, DJcity established the digital record pool which focused on getting the hottest tracks in the hands of club and radio DJs first.
If you like to be in the know about the latest tracks, be sure to check out DJcity Radio station on FIT Radio. We promise you’ll feel instantly cooler, that is unless you’re working out, then you’ll probably be how and sweaty 🙂
Have you found yourself lounging by the pool and either of these scenarios has occurred:
1. your lounging neighbors are either talking too loudly in detail about their oh so incredibly disgusting bout of food poisoning they just recently recovered from (talking about bowel movements and puking is to- innapro- for the pool people)
2. your lounging neighbors choice in pool music is less than desirable aka polka music, crazy ghetto rap about b*tches and money, or Beethoven (sorry Ludwig) Nothing against these genres, there’s a time and a place but the pool/beach is not one of them.
Well you are in luck! FIT Radio has a Poolside genre just in time to drown out the noise of the ones who make it difficult to get your tan/relax/buzz on. Just push play and go to hear artists like Dave Matthews Band, Darius Rucker, Bob Marley, Sheryl Crow etc. Good stuff. Be sure to check it out the next time you’re poolside or even cooling down from a killer workout and kickin’ it in the sauna. It’s perfect for any relaxing occasion.
So if you haven’t noticed, this year’s 5k trend is pretty awesome. It’s a mixture of black lights, neon glow paint, dance music, flashing lights, and did we mention it’s a race? If you’ve seen all your friends post pictures from their glow run experiences, and you’re dying to post your own, here is your chance! LivingSocial is hosting their own glow-in-the-dark 5k at Turner Field in Atlanta, GA! If you’ve ever experienced a LivingSocial event, you know this one should definitely not be missed. Did I mention FIT Radio is providing the tunes?! Watch the video and check out the “need to know” details. Get ready to put all your friend’s glow party pics to shame!
As you all know, we’ve been in the throes of an intense crowd-funding campaign with Fundable (unless of course you’ve been living under a rock). It’s getting close to the end and we want to see how far we can get this thing to go. If you are a part of the small group that has no idea what I’m talking about or just need a little refresher, we’ve launched a campaign that allows our users to be a part of FIT Radio’s progress. The pledges made by loyal users and adoring FIT Radio fans will go toward improving the app, new and exciting features within the app and expanding the platforms in which FIT Radio can be used like Windows and Blackberry! We are super excited about this custom “swag bag” full of FIT Radio goodies and those sunglasses alone are enough to get any competition fired up. We want to see how many people you can reach out to about our Fundable campaign. The person with the most combined likes/RTs (across the Social Media board) wins the ultimate “swag bag.” We think you have what it takes, don’t let us down!
Here’s what your post needs to contain:
– A brief description of what we’re doing (describe the Fundable Campaign and talk about how much you love FIT!)
– The link to our Fundable page: www.fundable.com/fitradio (the www can be omitted if you run out of characters)
– And make sure you tag us so we can count your likes/RTs! @Fitradio (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram)
Pretty freakin’ simple right? You’re going to look so good walking through the gym with that custom gym bag. So get to work! We look forward to seeing who comes out on top as our #1 Supporter!