So this past weekend we experienced the latest 5k trend, The Electric Run! The night race started at 8:50 pm at Atlanta Motor Speedway and we were dressed in our FIT Radio gear and glow painted up so we made a quick pit stop at the Step and Repeat before heading to the starting line
With the new year comes more exciting races to get everyone active. This year is definitely the year of night races, more specifically The Electric Run. Do you see this picture, how could it not be?! Reasons why: It takes place at night (party hours), you get crazy fun glow swag like sunglasses, bangles and necklaces, there is music playing the whole time so no worries about plugging your ear buds in, and (drum roll) as if it couldn’t get any more fun, there’s an after party. Yup. Does this sound like the most fun 5k ever or what?
Each event is unique. Depending on the event you participate in you may experience many of the following:
- Glowing neon trees changing colors to match the music
- Tunnels with dancing patterns and figures on the walls, ceilings, and floors
- Lakes and rivers glowing in other-worldly hues
- Tunnels of light created by a rainbow of lasers
- Glowing arches and columns
- Neon saguaro cactus
- Red rock cliffs glowing in psychedelic colors and patterns
- Glowing arches changing color in tempo
- Colored fountains dancing to the beat
- Entire buildings lit so brightly that they can be seen from space
- And so much more.
If you haven’t signed up yet, don’t stress, there’s still time! Register as an individual or save money and have more fun by registering as a team of 4 or more. The race takes place at 8:50 pm, May 11th, at Atlanta Motor Speedway! If you’re not from Atlanta and want to run, there are plenty of dates to come on their website.
Check out their video and you can see what I’m talking about!